General information about trips

We offer you a distinctive range of tours and expeditions in all corners of Mongolia. Join one of our scheduled group tours or ask us for a customized tour especially designed for your private group. Our trips are designed to accommodate two general levels of comfort and activities. To help you make the right choice please read the following descriptions.

Tours with “G” code
For those wishing more comfortable lodging, we have trips offering ger camp accommodation. Gers, the traditional felt structures of nomads are spacious, very comfortable, beautifully decorated and with beds and bedding provided.  In addition to offering washrooms with showers and flush toilets, these camps also have a dining Ger, a perfect way to gather and socialize while enjoying fine dining.  “G” trips are appropriate for any age or level of fitness.  We may suggest a day hike or offer an opportunity to ride horses or camels as part of the trip. These activities are not arduous or demanding.

Expeditions with “E” code
Expedition tours travel to the remote corners of Mongolia where there aren’t many tourist facilities. On expedition tours, we offer camping in tents for some of the nights. Mats and blankets are provided for extra warmth; participants bring their own sleeping bags.  We also set up a dining tent with tables and chairs.  A toilet tent is also set up and a shower tent when possible.
Adventure activities offered on expeditions are of moderate to advanced level of difficulty. Mongolian horses are small but with good stamina, well tempered and relatively easy to handle. If you have a reasonable level of fitness and have ridden a few times before, you are eligible for a horseback-riding trip. We provide Australian saddles for riding. The two-humped Bactrian camels in Mongolia are extremely comfortable to ride. No prior experience is necessary.

Making a Booking

When you have decided on the trip that is right for you, simply submit a booking form online. As soon as we receive your booking form and your deposit, you will receive a letter of confirmation. Further important advice and information about your visit will be sent in due course.

Making a Payment

A non-refundable deposit of USD200 will secure your place on the tour. The balance should be paid no later than 2 months prior to your arrival in Mongolia. Payments can be made by wire transfer to our bank account in Mongolia, or by credit card. We accept American Express, Visa, Master Card, and JCB.

Insurance

All our trips include a travel medical insurance for the scheduled duration of your trip, from the date of your arrival until the day of your departure. This insurance has a value up to USD30.000 to cover the cost of medical services taken in Mongolia including air evacuation within the territory of Mongolia. However, we encourage all clients to make their own travel insurance as well.

Liabilities

  • Mongol Khan Expeditions reserves the right to cancel trips when there are less than 3 bookings. Trip members will be given a choice between paying a surcharge to run the trip with less than 3 people, selecting another trip or cancelling their trip. Should cancellation be necessary the client's payment will be 100% refunded or used to build another trip's price.
  • Mongol Khan Expeditions reserves the right to change the date or itinerary of trips without a prior notice to clients.
  • Mongol Khan Expeditions will not be responsible for the misoperation of the trip caused by factors beyond the control of Mongol Khan Expeditions.
  • Mongol Khan Expeditions will not be responsible for any medical expenses incurred outside of Mongolia as well as for evacuation out of Mongolia. It’s a client’s responsibility to be covered from those potential expenses by his or her own insurance.

Cancellation Policy

If you cancel no later than 6 weeks prior to the scheduled start of your trip, no cancellation fee will be charged. All monies will be refunded except for your non-refundable deposit of USD200.
If you cancel between 6 to 3 weeks prior to the scheduled start of your trip, a cancellation fee of 30% of the total cost of the trip will be charged. The remaining 70% will be refunded to the client.
If you cancel between 3 to 1 weeks prior to the scheduled start of your trip, a cancellation fee of 50% of the total cost of the trip will be charged.
If you cancel less than a week prior to the scheduled start of your trip, the cancellation fee will be 100% of the total cost of the trip. There is no refund.

Refund payments will be sent back to the client’s bank account within a week of the cancellation date. For each refund payment a bank transfer charge will be deducted from the refundable amount.
The Winter Festivals - 11 days

 

coming soon 

| Home | Mongolia | Who we are | Tours & Expeditions | Gallery | FAQ | Contact us | Testimonials | Gobi Revival Fund NGO|
©2007,"Mongol Khan Expeditions"LLC